Develop a habit of thinking positive
“Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.”
– Dr. Robert Anthony
If you want to achieve success in life, you have to let go of your negative thinking and work towards nurturing and believing in yourself and your positive thoughts which enable even ordinary people to accomplish extraordinary things.
Remember what we are or what we become is the result of our own thoughts. When we have negative thoughts, we focus our energies on what we are not being able to achieve and fear of failure clouds our confidence. On the other hand when we make the effort to think positively, our thoughts automatically become aligned with what we can accomplish and we feel confident about our capabilities.
But you have to keep in mind that attitudes do not change overnight. You have to consciously make efforts to develop that kind of positive frame of mind. What we speak and think form our future.
So instead of thinking all the time and saying ‘I can’t’, ‘I won’t … say ‘I can’, ‘I will’, ‘It is possible’, and repeat these positive affirmations to your self again and again. And try to visualize the outcomes you desire in vivid detail. See them already complete and in their most perfect state. Imagine what it would feel like, and act as if it is already yours. The idea is to direct your positive thoughts for what you desire.
1.Positive thinking means you replace all negative thoughts with hopeful, faith-filled thoughts. You dwell on the good, not the bad. You talk about what is right, not what is wrong. You focus on the possibilities and not on the losses. You keep on practicing and practicing this step until it becomes a part of you.
2. Positive thinking must be reinforced with positive actions. If you have a solid foundation and genuinely believe for the best and not the worst, you are ready to step out and take some positive action. Knock on those doors and keep knocking until one opens up for you. Keep looking until you find what you are looking for. Persist and stay focused on the goal.
3. Finally, positive thinking requires persistence and resilience. Your faith will sometimes wane. You will be tempted to get negative. You might be tempted to think, This is not working, what is the point? But it does work. It is not simply a formula; it is a genuine power that has creative influence in the world and in our lives. If you fall, get back up again. Renew your faith. Practice positive thinking. Act on it and you will succeed!
On 29th October 7-9pm TLC presents an evening : Embracing Change
What you’ll take away from this session
- Being ‘Brainsmart’ around change
- The power of a positive mindset
- Tips & tools to create a positive mindset
- How to support yourself and others around change.
Venue: Whitecliffe College of Arts & Design, Parnell
Email us now to book your place